From the FAC-IPE offer, in addition to the services that have already been presented, other forms of care to meet different needs of children/and adolescents. Each raised demand requires an adjusted response to said demand.
Listed below three of these other possible attention:
- Service Logopedia
- Service Physiotherapy
- Program for Personal Autonomy and Social Skills
a) Disorders are treated in language development:
- Delayed acquisition of language,
- Distalia, dysarthria, dyslexia
- Stuttering, aphasia, hoarseness
b) Communication and verbal interaction is encouraged subjects with ASD.
Variety of functions involved in the movement (breathing, eating, postural control and motion, pressure and manipulation of objects, game, etc.) largely explains the variability of intervention areas of physiotherapy center for children/and adolescents with intellectual disabilities or developmental problems.
The model of care depends on: type of developmental abnormality, time resources and the environment occurs.
PROGRAM OF PERSONAL AUTONOMY AND SOCIAL SKILLS
The FAC has its own program for “personal and social autonomy of persons with disabilities”, developed by M. of the Angeles Gil Solé.
This program aims to promote individual skills in five areas, which are established by the American Association on Mental Retardation (AAMR):
- Autonomy Home
- Care Personal
- Autonomy in the social-work environment
- Social skills
The objective of the program is to promote the integral and harmonious development of the subject in areas such as:
- Developing the capacity for reflection to
- Exercise personal initiative: knowing how to choose, make decisions, take responsibility.
- Promote interpersonal communication skills: able to give information about yourself and your environment. To understand and convey a message, participate in group conversation …
- Participate in the social and natural environment.
- Know and use the resources of their environment.
- Developing skills for the workplace.
- Develop skills to help with housework.
- Develop knowledge and skills for personal care and hygiene.